Volunteer With Us
NCVSD’s volunteer program is a way for people to invest their skills, minds, and hearts in support of the North County Veterans Stand Down’s mission. The skills and time volunteers contribute allow us to host the 4-day event and continue to coordinate the event and other services for veterans throughout the year. Click here to register as a volunteer.
How you can help
Lend a hand before the event
- Outreach: Be part of the outreach team and help with phone calls and put up flyers.
- Clothing Tent: We will need help sorting donations starting the Tuesday before Stand Down. Be ready to set up tables, move boxes, fold clothes, and sort items.
- Setup: We need some muscles and elbow grease to help set up tents, tables and more.
Would you like to impact Veterans lives for more than just one weekend? Contact us today at firstname.lastname@example.org
Volunteer opportunities during the NCVSD:
- Registration: Be part of the friendly registration team that greets our Veterans, volunteers or service providers. Will mostly be working on a computer or with a list, sitting down, and be part of the check in assembly line. This will include helping make sure COVID-19 protocols are followed.
- Clothing Tent: If you love shopping, sorting and working on a team, this is the job for you. Help our Veterans pick out clothing, shoes, bedding, toiletries and more. We will also need help us keeping items stocked and organized so expect to be working on your feet.
- Battle Buddy: Are you a Veteran who wants to help other Veterans? Spend time with a Veteran who might need some help navigating Stand Down, getting organized, and help them feel welcomed. You will be assigned one or two Veterans so expect to do some walking, talking and lots of listening.
- Golf Cart Driver: If you like the wind in your hair this is the job for you. The Ranch is quite large so you will be helping by driving the cart route and transporting people or items as needed. You will be working solo and be making small talk with Veterans. Some of the best conversations and stories are heard at this job.
- The Service Mall: Help us by handing out items, directing people to services, and helping call people in for appointments. There are lots of odd jobs here, so expect must be flexible. Great job to do with a friend or family member.
- Pet Zone: If you love fur babies, this is the job for you! We need help handing out pet food and items to Veterans, keeping items organized, and of course playing with all the pups left in our care with their parents are busy. Sign up quickly for this job because this one fills up!
- Specialized Talent: Do you have something else you can offer such as musical, photography, electrical, hair styling, and other? Please contact us!
*Please note descriptions are general. For more details, please attend one of our volunteer orientations which are held in October. Volunteer orientation is highly encouraged but not required. More details to come.
Is your organization or business interested in helping Veterans and their families during the NCVSD? Learn more about how to be a service provider below.
Join The Team
What We Have Accomplished
The Impact We Make By The Numbers
Veterans & their Familes Served
We provide all Veterans, homeless or in need, with the tools and resources to be self-sustaining members of society. 100 of these Veterans gained permanent housing.
Eyeglasses were made and distributed on site along
with eye exams.
Court Fines Forgiven
Fines cleared for infractions such as loitering, camping, or sleeping in your car. This enables Veterans to get a job and be able to pay for their living expenses.
Dental Work Provided
With the support of various organizations and business, we have been able to provide Veterans with necessary dental work at no expense