Young male veterans (ages 18-24) who served post 9/11 have an unemployment rate of 29.1% compared to 17.6% for non-veterans.
1.5 million homes are currently in foreclosure.
The 1.4 million veterans in poverty have the highest chance of experiencing homelessness of any group.
Regional Task Force on the Homeless (RTFH)
Dashboard Report on the homeless population RTFH Veterans Interactive
San Diego Regional Continuum of Care Council Staff Resources
2016 City Totals Point in Time Count
Interfaith Community Services:
- Supportive Services for Veteran Families (SSVF) Program
- Homeless Prevention and Rapid Rehousing Resources
- Veteran Appropriate Intervention(s) (VI-SPDAT)
- Transitional Housing
- Potential to Provide Housing Directly After Event
- Employment Services
- Upgrade Job Skills Training, Job Placement, Case Management
- Mental Health Services
- Participants Access to Mental Health Counseling (Licensed Therapists/Professionals)